Run Off :: Peak Barra Fishing Season
If you only do one Barra fishing trip this is the time to aim for!
If you want to catch a Barra then a Run Off Barra Fishing Charter from Feb-May is arguable the best time of the year to think about heading to the Northern Territory on your quest.
Occuring at the end of the wet season when the vast flood planes of the Mary River are receeding into the rivers and out to sea. At this time of the year Barramundi congerate at the big tidal rivers in search of an easy feed.
Shady Camp on the Mary River is a world renowed Barra fishery and during the Run Off Shady Camp consistantly produces trophy Barra over the magic metre mark.
An extended Run Off Barra Fishing charter is the best way to experience the best of Top End fishing with more time on the water and limited travel time. The Point Stuart Wilderness lodge provides comfortable accommodation and a Bar and Bistro to relax at after a hard day on the water.
2 to 8 days
Mary River at Shady Camp
March to May
- Transfers to and from your Darwin accommodation
- Airconditioned accommodation at Point Stuart Wilderness Lodge Sleeps up to 4 people per unit
- All meals, light refreshments supplied
- BBQ facilities
- Large covered swimming pool
- Iced water supplied on board the boat (alcohol bought on request)
- All quality tackle supplied
- Highly recommended and experienced guide
What to Bring
- Alcohol and cigarettes need to be purchased prior to tour
- Tackle lost or damaged to be paid for by anglers
- Fly fishing tackle not supplied
dependant on numbers from $675 per person per day